Thursday, April 16, 2009

More Important

"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves"
This verse has been one of the most helpful 'mommy verses' in my parenting.
I remember reciting this verse to myself at 3.oo in the morning, when my new born would not go back to sleep.
There have been many times since when I have had to remind myself that my children, and my training of them, is more important than myself, my hobbies - even my sleep!
God has been so gracious to allow any irritation with my children to disappear when this verse was brought to mind.
And now phase 2 is to teach this verse to my children.
In applying this verse to their lives, they could be potentially saved from any anger and fighting that always comes from putting ourselves first.

No comments: